Please follow & like us :)
- SESP Environmental Education and Research Center public meeting 1/23 January 7, 2019
- Save Saint Edward State Park VIDEO October 27, 2018
- Save St Ed ball field from becoming a Sports Complex November 9, 2017
Featured External Articles
- WA State Parks & Rec Commission, Classification & Mgmt Planning Project (CAMP) - St Ed Management Plan
- State Parks St Ed Seminary Planning Page
- Kenmore Considers St Ed Ballfield Makeover (Jan.2015 Bothel Reporter)
- Save St Ed Park from Hotel Developer (Jan.2015 Seattle Times)
- Seattle Times followup (Aug.2015)
- King5 News on Daniel's Proposal (Aug.2015)
- St Ed Seminary as a lodge (Aug.2015 Seattle Times)
Our Local Enviro Family
- Save St Eds blogspot
- PERK - People for Enviro Responsible Kenmore
- FoSESP - Friends of St Ed State Park
- FoSEP Facebook
- NW Toxic Communities Coalition (PERK affiliate)
- C4SEP's Yahoo Group
- Lake Forest Park Stewardship Foundation
- St Ed Adopt a Trail (Facebook)
- St Ed Playground (Facebook)
- SEELC - St Ed Environmental Learning Center
- Our Neighbor, St Ed Park (Facebook)
- January 2019
- October 2018
- November 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
Monthly Archives: April 2016
Daniels Proposal is to Turn Seminary Into $50 MIL Conference Center
KUOW.ORG: Seattle Is Epicenter For This Green Card Program’s Problems. The EB-5 program offers permanent residency in exchange for investment. Is the St. Edward Seminary building next?
Daniels is on far right.
Seattle Times: Money from investor visas floods U.S., but doesn’t reach targeted poor areas Now, said Daniels, EB-5 capital accounts for about $250 million of Fifth & Columbia’s $440 million project.
The Daniels Proposal will turn St. Edward Seminary into a conference center: 80 rooms, LOTS of meeting rooms, plus a café, large restaurant, bar and lounge.
There will be much more traffic than the hotel guests coming and going.
A rough calculation shows the following:
80 bedrooms and suites – 30,600 sq. ft.
19 conference and meeting rooms (large, med, small) – 18,300 sq. ft.
Restaurant, cafe & lounge/bar – 4,100 sq. ft.
Spa – 980 sq. ft.
Kitchen, furnaces, building operation areas – 9,600 sq. ft.
400+ attended a public hearing held by State Parks in Kenmore on February 9, to receive comments on a proposed “land exchange” at Saint Edward, officially known as a Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) “land conversion.” There was a 30-minute presentation conducted by State Parks Planner, Michael Hankinson, and Real Estate Developer, Kevin Daniels; followed by public comments from 7 – 9:20 pm during which 68 people, spoke for up to 2 minutes each almost evenly divided between pro and con. Go to Saint Edward Planning for A COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT You may continue to submit written comments on “Provide Comments”